In 2019, the Brodhead Chapter of Trout Unlimited developed a revised five-year strategic action plan to guide chapter activities for 2020-2025.
The complete strategic plan is available to download as an Adobe Acrobat file.
The Brodhead TU Strategic Plan Core Areas
- Protect and enhance the various watersheds and waterways of Monroe County and nearby Pocono streams.
- Advance the enhancement and restoration of native brook trout habitat in Monroe County and nearby Pocono streams.
- Support efforts to enhance cold water watersheds in Monroe County and nearby Pocono streams.
- Build an organizational capacity to support the Strategic Plan and achieve Brodhead TU’s Mission.
- Increase membership participation in Chapter mission oriented activities.
- Invest resources in youth oriented activities to promote the next generation of coldwater conservation-minded sportsmen and sportswomen.
- Provide educational and social events to promote interest and involvement in Chapter programs and activities.
- Develop and maintain a system that attracts anglers and chapter members to engage them in activities that achieve our conservation goals.
- Develop and strengthen the Brodhead TU “Brand” in Monroe County and the Pocono Region.
- Effectively communicate with media outlets to help strengthen and promote the Brodhead TU “Brand” in Monroe County and the Pocono Region.
- Effectively utilize and promote a variety of audio-visual, social media and graphic technologies and the internet to help promote the Chapter’s mission and goals.
- Secure adequate funding to support the Strategic Action Plan and bring it to fruition.
- Establish specific long-term investment accounts to fund the various Strategic Action Plan components.
- Sponsor and liaise with non-TU cold-water conservation organizations to support conservation projects.
FOCUS OF THE BRODHEAD CHAPTER OF TROUT UNLIMITED
The Brodhead Chapter of Trout Unlimited is a nonprofit conservation organization of approximately 250 members located in Monroe County, Pennsylvania, in the heart of the fabled Pocono Mountains. Our highly motivated adult and youth volunteers share common goals: the conservation and enhancement of the various Pocono watershed coldwater fisheries. The chapter focuses its conservation efforts on several fronts outlined below.
Trout Unlimited uses science as a tool in its efforts to conserve, protect, restore and sustain Pocono coldwater fisheries and watersheds. Education is a key part of the efforts to prepare the next generation for leadership in conservation. More information on the chapter can be obtained at www.brodheadtu.org.
To conserve, protect, restore, and sustain Pocono coldwater fisheries and their watersheds.
The Brodhead Chapter of Trout Unlimited will ensure that robust populations of native and wild coldwater fish continue to thrive or increase within their original Pocono range, so that our children can enjoy healthy fisheries in their home waters.
The Brodhead Trout Unlimited Chapter has a number of major goals:
- Protect, Reconnect, Restore and Sustain the Pocono coldwater fisheries and watersheds in the Pocono Mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania.
- Increase membership in the chapter and to increase active participation and involvement in chapter activities and functions.
- Engage community, school and other local organizations in the vital role of the Brodhead Chapter of Trout Unlimited chapter and its projects and activities.
- Raise monies through various fund-raising activities to support the Brodhead Chapter of Trout Unlimited projects, activities and functions